BackBone™ Turning Wedge
The BackBone™ is the only 30 degree lateral support wedge designed to conform and cradle with the natural curvatures of a person’s back without touching the sensitive sacral/coccyx area. Provides superior stability, comfort and pain relief. Antimicrobial and moisture resistant cover with anti-skid undersurface. Reusable.
• Stable, comfortable pressure relief
• Mitigates pressure ulcer risk
• Easy to use
• Long lasting support
• Gets the pressure off, keeps the pressure off
• Reusable, economic and effective
• Correct 30° lateral turning is proven to be effective in reducing pressure injury incidence and prevalence
• Supports the most efficient 30 degree lateral turned position possible
• Patented contoured shape and bilaterally symmetrical angle design provide effective lift underneath the buttocks and scapula for greater stability and comfort
• Capable of supporting a depressurized position without direct contact to the bony prominences of the entire spinal column from coccyx to C-7
• Proven to reduce sacral/coccyx pressures to less than 5mmHg
• Cannot be placed to force the patient onto the trochanter
• Remains in place without slipping during head of bed elevation and high fowler position
• Ideal for ICU and other high acuity environments where > 30 degree HOB elevation is necessary
• Designed to provide uniform support of both pelvis and torso to minimize twisting and torsion
• Better comfort means less shifting, longer time in depressurized position, improved compliance and higher patient satisfaction
• Can be placed bilaterally to achieve depressurization and back support in supine position
• Provides increased stability and comfort for MRI/CT, difficult turns, OR
• Antimicrobial four-way stretch nylon is moisture-proof and breathable
• Tolerates all disinfectant types
• Multi-patient use reliability reduces waste, lowers costs and improves caregiver compliance
BackBone™ Turning Wedge is for at-risk and mobility impaired persons while resting in bed.
Not for use in wheelchairs.
Avoid direct contact with wounds as possible. Discard if contamination is suspected. Discard if submersion occurs. Discard if cover is torn, punctured or burned.
Do not expose to heat source. Store at room temperature.
|Accommodates bariatric patient||●|
|Allows for ambulation/transfer|
|Attachable sole for ambulation|
|Cleanable w/ disinfectant||●|
|Patient transfer aid|
|Variety of sizes/lengths||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Position to remove pressure to pressure wounds and susceptible bony prominences.
Change as needed and determined by caregiver to minimize pressure.
High resolution medium density polyurethane foam core, high density memory foam top layer. Hypoallergenic closed cover Derma-plush 4 way stretch nylon. Antimicrobial treated, fluid resistant and gas permeable. Non-skid fabric bottom layer. No zipper.
Six months under normal wear and tear (excludes damage by sharp objects or extreme heat)
Not made with natural rubber latex
28"x13". Front: 2". Back: 5". Weight: 3lb 2oz. Ship weight: 5lb.
Jewell Nursing Solutions offers positioning products designed for optimal pressure reduction with ergonomically correct comfort.