Geistlich Derma-Gide® is a dual-sourced, highly refined, bilayer advanced wound matrix that is structurally optimized to support blood vessel formation, wound closure and wound fluid absorption.
• Excellent soaking capacity - can be used on freshly debrided wounds
• Easy to trim and shape with no special instruments needed
• Bilayer design mimics the characteristics of skin
• Shown to modulate MMP activity
• Matrix structure maintains growth factors in an active state in situ
• Provides optimal structure for cell migration and attachment
Geistlich Derma-Gide® is indicated for use on partial- and full-thickness wounds, pressure injuries, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, chronic vascular ulcers, surgical wounds (donor sites/grafts, post Mohs surgery, post laser surgery, podiatric, wound dehiscence), and trauma skin wounds (abrasions, lacerations, second-degree burns and skin tears).
Geistlich Derma-Gide® must not be used if there is an acute infection in the area of the skin lesion. The health care practitioner must make sure that any active or prior infections have been properly treated before using Geistlich Derma-Gide®
Geistlich Derma-Gide® is derived from a porcine source and should not be used in patients with known sensitivity to porcine material or collagen allergies.
Geistlich Derma-Gide® is not indicated for use in third-degree burns.
Do not use after the expiration date.
The content of the double packaging is designed for single use only.
Do not reuse or resterilize Geistlich Derma-Gide®.
The matrix must be handled using sterile gloves and sterile instruments.
The matrix is sterile unless the packaging has been opened, damaged or otherwise contaminated.
Store in a dry place at room temperature (15°C-25°C, 59°F-77°F).
Exercise particular care in using Geistlich Derma-Gide® in patients:
– with chronic infections in the surgical area
– with uncontrolled metabolic disorders such as diabetes or thyroid malfunction
– with autoimmune diseases
– undergoing long-term corticosteroid therapy
– undergoing radiation therapy
– receiving an anti-coagulation therapy, chemotherapy or drug treatment which might disrupt wound healing
– consuming tobacco, alcohol or drugs, which might disrupt wound healing.
Geistlich Derma-Gide® has not been tested on pregnant or breastfeeding women or on children. For safety reasons, Geistlich Derma-Gide® should not be used on breastfeeding or pregnant women.
Geistlich Derma-Gide® should not be used until excessive exudate, bleeding and acute swelling are controlled and infections have been cleared.
Alcohol or iodine containing disinfectant must not be used for pre- or post-surgical wound treatment when using Geistlich Derma-Gide®.
Store at room temperature. Three year shelf-life.
|Assigned HCPCS code||●|
|Shelf life greater than 2 years||●|
|Shelf life limited|
|Indicated for acute wounds||●|
|Indicated for chronic wounds||●|
|Indicated for diabetic ulcers||●|
|Indicated for pressure ulcers||●|
|Indicated for second-degree burns||●|
|Indicated for surgical wounds||●|
|Indicated for third-degree burns|
|Indicated for venous ulcers||●|
|Contact manufacturer for usage guidelines|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Geistlich Medical is a business unit of Geistlich Pharma, a Swiss based family owned company. Geistlich Medical USA focuses on advanced solutions for chronic wounds.