McKesson Moisture Wicking Fabric with Antimicrobial Silver (Ag) is a non-sterile skin protectant made of a stretch polyester fiber impregnated with antimicrobial metallic silver. Designed to manage moisture and odor in skin folds and other skin-to-skin contact areas.
• Knitted polyester textile dressing with silver complex offers ideal solution by providing effective antimicrobial action for up to 5 days, depending on fabric soiling, amount of moisture, etc
• Features antimicrobial silver (Ag) to help provide odor control
• Functions by wicking and translocating moisture away to keep skin dry and provides a friction-reducing surface
• Low-friction surface featuring a polyurethane coating acts as a lubrication aid, reducing skin-to-skin friction in at-risk areas such as skin folds; under braces, wraps, blood pressure cuffs, and immobilizers; and between toes
• Provides a protective environment for the skin and effective protection against microbial contamination in the fabric
• Reduces and helps prevent colonization of bacteria and yeasts such as Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and Candida albicans
• Fabric sheets can be cut to size to allow for use in varying areas as needed
• Two-year shelf life
McKesson Moisture Wicking Fabric with Antimicrobial Silver (Ag) is for the management of skin folds and other skin-on-skin contact areas.
Should not be placed directly onto an open wound or breached skin. Do not use on individuals with known sensitivity to polyester, nylon, or silver.
• If reddening, pain, and/or irritation occurs, consult a health care professional or doctor.
• May not be used to protect against urine and feces. If such soiling occurs, the fabric must be changed immediately.
• Do not use the same device for multiple patients. Do not wash the fabric, as doing so may compromise the performance of the fabric.
• Creams or ointments used in conjunction with McKesson Moisture Wicking Fabric with Silver (Ag) may reduce the efficacy of the product.
• The safe use of McKesson Moisture Wicking Fabric with Silver (Ag) during pregnancy and lactation has not been demonstrated.
• Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements, eg, electrocardiogram (ECG) and electroencephalogram (EEG).
• The dressing must be removed prior to patients undergoing magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) examinations.
• McKesson Moisture Wicking Fabric with Silver (Ag) must not be ingested and must be kept away from animals.
• Do not use product if expired (expiry date can be found on the packaging).
• The safe use of McKesson Moisture Wicking Fabric with Silver (Ag) with secondary dressings has not been demonstrated.
• Do not sterilize the fabric.
May cause transient skin discoloration.
1. Wash skin gently. Pat dry; do not rub.
2. Cut the appropriate size of McKesson Moisture Wicking Fabric with Antimicrobial Silver (Ag) for the affected area with clean scissors, leaving at least 2" of the fabric exposed outside the skin fold for moisture evaporation.
3. Lay a single layer of fabric in the skin fold, placing one edge of the fabric into the base of the fold. Either side of the fabric can be applied in the skin fold. Gently smooth the rest of the fabric over the skin, keeping it flat. Leave at least 2" of fabric exposed outside the skin fold.
4. Secure the fabric in one or more of the following ways: with the skin fold, with a small amount of medical tape and/or tuck it under clothing. Ensure the applied fabric is not constricting the affected area.
Each piece of McKesson Moisture Wicking Fabric with Silver (Ag) may be used up to 5 days, depending on fabric soiling, odor, amount of moisture, and general skin condition.
No posters match your selected filters. Remove some filtres, or reset them and start again.