PolyMem WIC® is a multifunctional interactive dressing designed to gently expand to fill cavities, and to wick excess wound fluid into outer dressings or compression wraps, while helping reduce inflammation, decreasing persistent and procedural pain, balancing moisture and continuously cleansing wounds.
• Donates moisture or absorbs exudate depending on condition of wound bed and fluid level in dressing
• Continuous cleansing reduces need to cleanse wound bed during dressing changes
• Will not stick to the wound bed while maintaining integrity of healing tissue
• Expands within the wound cavity and undermined areas to fill dead space
• Keeps the wound bed clean and moisturized while absorbing excess fluid
• Expands up to one-third as wound fluid is absorbed
• Perforated for ease of use and can be cut to size
• Absorbs and holds up to 10 times it weight
• Soft and pliable, conforms to wound shape
• Will not dehydrate wound bed
PolyMem WIC® Cavity Filler is indicated for use on pressure ulcers (stages 3-4), vascular ulcers, diabetic ulcers and acute wounds.
|Antimicrobial format available||●|
|Color change w/ moisture activation||●|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Gels on contact w/ exudate|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Sustained release formula||●|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
PolyMem WIC® Cavity Filler can be easily separated into three 1" (2.5 cm) wide strips to accommodate the wound bed size.
Use any of the other appropriate PolyMem® or Shapes by PolyMem® configurations as a secondary dressing.
Ferris makes PolyMem® multifunctional interactive dressings and Sportswrap® by PolyMem. PolyMem dressings are designed to help all wound types heal quickly and durably. A family-owned company, since 1977 Ferris has manufactured PolyMem at its headquarters in the USA and has never had a backorder.