PolyMem WIC® Silver Cavity Filler is a multifunctional, antimicrobial wound filler that continuously cleanses, absorbs and moistens. Helps reduce wound pain and odor. Indications include dry to heavily exuding wounds.
• Donates moisture or absorbs exudate, depending on condition of wound bed and fluid level in dressing
• Continuous cleansing reduces need to cleanse wound bed during dressing changes
• Will not stick to the wound bed while maintaining integrity of healing tissue
• Expands within the wound cavity and undermined areas to fill dead space
• Small-particle silver provides an antimicrobial reservoir in the dressing
• Expands up to one-third as wound fluid is absorbed
• Perforated for ease of use and can be cut to size
• Absorbs and holds up to 10 times its weight
• Soft and pliable, conforms to wound shape
• Will not dehydrate wound bed
PolyMem WIC® Silver Cavity Filler is indicated for use on pressure injuries (stages 3-4), vascular ulcers, diabetic ulcers and acute wounds.
|Absorptive dressing format||●|
|Alginate dressing format|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 48 hours|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days||●|
|Collagen dressing format|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Gelling fiber dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impermeable to outside contaminants|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Super absorbent polymers|
|Sustained release formula|
|Transparent film dressing format|
|Wound filler dressing format||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
PolyMem WIC® Silver Cavity Filler can be easily separated into three 1" (2.5cm) wide strips to accommodate the wound bed size.
Use any of the other appropriate PolyMem® or Shapes by PolyMem® configurations as a secondary dressing.
Ferris makes PolyMem® multifunctional, interactive dressings and Sportswrap® by PolyMem. PolyMem dressings are designed to help all wound types heal quickly and durably. A family-owned company, since 1977 Ferris has manufactured PolyMem® at its headquarters in the USA and has never had a backorder.