PolyMem WIC® Silver Rope is an antimicrobial multifunctional interactive dressing designed to remain completely intact when filling tunnels. Wicks excess wound fluid into outer dressings while helping reduce inflammation and odor, decreasing pain, balancing moisture and continuously cleansing wounds.
• Donates moisture or absorbs exudate, depending on condition of wound bed and fluid level in dressing
• Continuous cleansing reduces need to cleanse wound bed during dressing changes
• Will not stick to the wound bed while maintaining integrity of healing tissue
• Expands within the wound cavity and undermined areas to fill dead space
• Small particle silver provides an antimicrobial reservoir in the dressing
• Expands up to one-third as wound fluid is absorbed
• Perforated for ease of use and can be cut to size
• Absorbs and holds up to ten times its weight
• Reinforced for added strength
• Will not dehydrate wound bed
PolyMem WIC® Silver Rope Wound Filler is indicated for use on pressure ulcers (stages 3-4), vascular ulcers, diabetic ulcers and acute wounds.
1. Beitz AJ, Newman A, Kahn AR, Ruggles T, Eikmeier L. A polymeric membrane dressing with antinociceptive properties: Analysis with a rodent model of stab wound secondary hyperalgesia. J Pain. 2004 Feb;5(1):38-47.
2. Benskin LLL. PolyMem® Wic® Silver® Rope: A Multifunctional Dressing for Decreasing Pain, Swelling, and Inflammation. Adv Wound Care. 2012 Feb;1(1):44-47. doi:10.1089/wound.2011.0285.
3. Davies SL, White RJ. Defining a holistic pain-relieving approach to wound care via a drug free polymeric membrane dressing. J Wound Care. 2011 May;20(5):250, 252, 254 passim.
|Absorptive dressing format|
|Alginate dressing format|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 48 hours|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days||●|
|Collagen dressing format|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Gelling fiber dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impermeable to outside contaminants|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Super absorbent polymers|
|Sustained release formula||●|
|Transparent film dressing format|
|Wound filler dressing format||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Diabetic Foot (Ulcers)
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
PolyMem WIC® Silver Rope is configured for use on tunneling wounds and can be applied using a facility supplied applicator stick. PolyMem WIC® Silver Rope may be used as a cavity filler as well as tunnel filler by coiling the remaining dressing into the cavity.
Use any of the other appropriate PolyMem® or Shapes by PolyMem® configurations as a secondary dressing.
Ferris makes PolyMem® multifunctional interactive dressings and Sportswrap® by PolyMem. PolyMem dressings are designed to help all wound types heal quickly and durably. A family-owned company, since 1977 Ferris has manufactured PolyMem at its headquarters in the USA and has never had a backorder.