PRUventor™ Heel Off-loading Device
PRUventor™ Heel Off-loading Device is a clinically approved heel offloading device that will help to ensure the patient’s heels are relieved of pressure while also helping to prevent foot drop and lateral foot rotation.
• Soft, elastic straps that stretch in multiple directions help ensure that no pressure is directly applied to the patient's foot
• Fluid-, stain- and bacteria-resistant interior and exterior is soft and cool to the touch
• No sharp or hard edges help prevent skin breakdown on even the most sensitive patients
• Fluid-like sensation inside the boot absorbs pressure away from bony prominences
• Lightweight and smooth surface reduces friction from bed sheets
PRUventor™ Heel Off-loading Device is intended to be prescribed by a properly licensed practitioner to help prevent heel pressure ulcers, foot drop and foot rotation.
PRUventor™ Heel Off-loading Device is for non-ambulatory patients only and should be removed before ambulation. Do not allow your patients to stand or walk while the boot is on.
Read and understand all warnings, cautions and directions completely and carefully before use. Failure to do so may result in serious injury.
Store at room temperature in a cool, dry place.
|Accommodates bariatric patient||●|
|Allows for ambulation/transfer|
|Attachable sole for ambulation|
|Cleanable w/ disinfectant||●|
|Patient transfer aid|
|Variety of sizes/lengths||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
1. Open all strap closures and secure the hook tabs to the loop on either side of the boot. The DeRoyal sew-in label should be on the outside of the boot.
2. Gently place the patient’s foot into the boot, making sure the heel is placed over the heel opening.
3. Take one strap and cross it over the top of the foot. Secure the hook tab to the loop on the opposite side of the boot. Adjust the foot flap to ensure that the foot area is covered.
4. Take the other strap and cross it over the top of the boot. Secure the hook tab to the loop on the opposite side of the boot. Adjust the foot flap to ensure that the foot area is covered.
5. For the PRUventor™ Long, take the lower leg strap and apply the hook tab(s) to the loop on the side of the boot.
6. Make sure two fingers fit between the device and the patient to ensure circulation is not compromised. Pull both foot flaps upwards and side flaps toward the patient to ensure the product fits securely and that the heel is suspended over the heel opening.
7. If the PRUventor™ Heel Off-loading Device is used with sequential compression devices, make sure the tubing exits through the top of the boot or through the access ports located on either side of the boot.
8. Make sure the heel is suspended. Check the bottom of the boot to ensure that nothing is touching the heel.
9. To apply the anti-rotation wedge, place the hook side of the anti-rotation wedge on the outside making sure that the bottom of the wedge sits flat on the surface of the bed.
Follow application directions in reverse.
DeRoyal is an international manufacturer producing surgical supply delivery programs, surgical accessories, orthopedic supports, critical care products, negative pressure wound therapy and wound care products.