Vive Wear's Medical Compression Socks with patented micro-current technology were designed for treatment of venous ulcers and diabetic wounds by applying the compression sock (with 15mmHg-20mmHg compression) directly in contact with lower-extremity wounds. When 30mmHg-40mmHg of compression is prescribed, a separate sleeve (additional 15mmHg-20mmHg) is applied on top of the compression sock.
• Improves medical staff efficiency by decreasing staff time required to wrap and unwrap a multilayer compression dressing
• Decreases medical supply expense by minimizing quantity of wound care products
• Sock and sleeve can be washed and reused
• Preferred by patients due to reported increased comfort of Vive Wear's compression sock's alpaca and merino wool composition in contrast with nylon compression socks or multilayer compression wraps
• Improves patient hygiene by facilitating daily bathing that is not possible with multilayer compression wraps
• Clinical trials have shown a decrease in wound recurrence with increased patient compliance of wearing Vive Wear compression socks.
Use as prescribed by a medical professional, and seek immediate attention with any questions or concerns.
Do not use on ischemic legs or gangrenous ulcers.
Not intended to treat infections, dehisced wounds or cellulitis.
Do not use if you have any sensitivity to wool, alpaca, silver or copper.
|Not made w/ natural rubber latex|
|Variety of colors|
|Variety of styles|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Apply the sock directly to leg and foot wounds. Wear sock 24 hours a day. Ensure there are no wrinkles in the sock. Wrinkles in the sock will increase local pressure and could cause ulceration. If the sock is too tall, fold down the top 3" of the sock.
Change socks and sleeve as frequently as needed to keep the outside sleeve dry. Every morning, remove the sock and wash leg with soap and water.
100-day satisfaction guarantee
Vive Wear manufactures compression products for the prevention and treatment of extremity wounds.