Activon Manuka Honey® Tulle Dressing knitted viscose mesh primary dressing is impregnated with 100% medical grade Manuka honey with no preservatives.
• A knitted viscose mesh primary dressing impregnated with 100% medical grade Manuka honey
• Creates a moist healing environment and effectively eliminates wound odor
• Allows exudate to pass through the dressing on wounds with low to moderate levels of exudate
• Ideal to debride and de-slough shallow wounds or where the exudate levels have started to decrease
• Can be cut to size, increasing patient comfort and resulting in better periwound skin condition
• Can be placed on the wound either side up, eliminating incorrect dressing application
Activon Manuka Honey® Tulle Dressing can be used on any wound, such as sloughy, necrotic and malodorous wounds, dry wounds, leg ulcers, diabetic ulcers, pressure sores and infected wounds.
Although the honey is not absorbed into the bloodstream, it is advised to monitor the glucose levels of patients with diabetes.
Do not use if allergic to bee venom.
Discomfort can occasionally be experienced when honey is initially applied; it may be necessary to consider an appropriate level of analgesia. If discomfort continues, discontinue use and irrigate the wound with saline solution.
Store at room temperature, out of direct sunlight and keep dry.
|Alginate dressing format|
|Amorphous hydrogel dressing format|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Dressing is placed (either side down) onto the wound surface. Can be placed side by side to cover large wound areas or cut to size. Can be unfolded to cover larger areas; this reduces the concentration of honey at the wound site. Depending on the tissue type within the wound bed and level of exudate, a secondary dressing of choice could be a film dressing and/or bandage. In wounds with a high level of exudate, an additional highly absorbent dressing, such as the Eclypse® Super Absorbent Dressing, can be introduced to help manage exudate.
Does not contain natural rubber latex
Advancis Medical is a UK-based medical device company building an international reputation for developing, manufacturing and marketing a range of advanced wound care products. medi® USA sells and distributes Advancis products in the United States.