AQUACEL® Foam Dressing is the only foam that has comfort, simplicity and the healing benefits of a Hydrofiber® interface.
• Waterproof barrier against viral/bacterial penetration allows patient to shower and bathe
• Gels on contact with wound exudate to maintain moist wound environment
• Micro-contours to wound bed to minimize dead space where bacteria can grow
• Vertical wicking prevents lateral spread of fluid, reducing risk of maceration
• Soft absorbent foam pad enhances patient comfort and absorbs excess fluid
• Gentle silicone adhesive adheres to surrounding skin, not to the wound bed
• Skin-friendly adhesive supports simple application and removal
• Locks in wound exudate, including harmful components
• Reduces pain while dressing is in situ
AQUACEL® Foam Dressing may be used for the management of both chronic and acute wounds, such as: leg ulcers, pressure ulcers (stages 2-4) and diabetic ulcers; surgical wounds (post-operative, donor sites, dermatological); partial-thickness (second-degree) burns; traumatic or surgical wounds left to heal by secondary intention such as dehisced surgical incisions; surgical wounds that heal by primary intent, such as dermatological and surgical incisions (e.g., orthopedic and vascular); local management of wounds that are prone to bleeding, such as wounds that have been mechanically or surgically debrided and donor sites; painful wounds; abrasions; lacerations; minor cuts; minor scalds and burns.
AQUACEL® Foam Dressing should not be used on individuals who are sensitive to or have had an allergic reaction to the dressing or its components.
Caution: Sterility is guaranteed unless pouch is damaged or opened prior to use.
This device is for single-use only and should not be re-used. Re-use may lead to increased risk of infection or cross contamination. Physical properties of the device may no longer be optimal for intended use.
This wound dressing should not be used with other wound care products without first consulting a health care professional.
During the body's normal healing process, non-viable tissue may be removed (autolytic debridement) from the wound, which could make the wound appear larger after the first few dressing changes.
Should you observe irritation (reddening, inflammation), maceration (whitening of the skin), or hypergranulation (excess tissue formation), consult a health care professional.
The wound should be inspected during dressing changes for (1) signs of infection (increased pain, bleeding, warmth/redness of surrounding tissue, wound exudate), (2) there are changes in wound color and/or odor, (3) any other unexpected symptoms occur (e.g., maceration of hypergranulation).
The use of AQUACEL® Foam Dressing adhesive and non adhesive has not been studied in wounds due to herpes simplex or impetigo.
In addition, for leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers, second-degree burns, donor sites, surgical or traumatic wounds left to heal by primary or secondary intention:
- Treatment of the wound types listed above should only be under the supervision of a health care professional.
- Appropriate supportive measures should be taken where indicated (e.g., use of graduated compression bandaging in the management of venous leg ulcers or pressure relief measures in the management of pressure ulcers).
- Colonization of chronic wounds is common and is not a contraindication to the use of the dressing. The dressing may be used on infected wounds under medical supervision together with appropriate therapy and frequent monitoring of the wound.
- The control of blood glucose, as well as appropriate supportive measures, should be provided with diabetic foot ulcers.
- In second-degree burns, consider alternate surgical procedures if the wound has not reepithelialized after 14 days.
Store at room temperature (10°C-25°C, 50°F-77°F). Protect from light. Keep dry.
Adhesive: 3"x6", 3(1/4)"x3(1/4)", 4"x4", 4"x8", 4"x10", 4"x12", 5"x5", 6"x6", 7"x7"; heel: 8"x5(1/2)"; sacral: 8"x7", 9(1/2)"x8(1/2)". Non-adhesive: 4"x4", 6"x6", 6"x8".
|Antimicrobial format available||●|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
AQUACEL® Foam Dressing can be cut to any shape or size, maintaining all the benefits of Hydrofiber® Technology. If the adhesive dressing is cut, additional tape may be required to secure it in place. Additional tape, or other means of fixation, will be required to secure the AQUACEL® Foam non-adhesive dressing in place.
The dressing should be changed when clinically indicated (i.e., leakage, bleeding, increased pain, suspicion of infection). Maximum recommended wear time is up to seven days. The wound should be cleansed at appropriate intervals. To remove the dressing, press down gently on the skin and carefully lift one corner of the dressing. Continue until all edges are free. Carefully lift away the dressing and discard according to local clinical protocols.