Bariatric APU® Articulating Ankle/Foot Orthosis
The Bariatric APU® Orthosis offers an adjustable posterior upright design that provides a more precise and simplified method of setting the ankle/foot complex in the saggital plane.
• Clinically proven for effective ambulation
• Infinite sagittal plane adjustability
• Also available for inclusion in custom-made thermoplastic AFO and KAFO systems.
• Compatible with all liner variations offered, if applicable
• Facilitates functional knee and ankle joint position through flexibility of aluminum posterior upright
• Allows for optimal dorsi/plantar flexion ankle positioning to provide adequate clearance during swing phase and knee stability in stance phase
• Early intervention for the evolving rehab patient
• Can be used with CVA, TBI, SCI, CP and diabetic neuropathy
• Promotes safe and stable ambulation
• Offloads vulnerable soft tissue
• Maintains foot and ankle position to offset joint contracture
• Used as an interim AFO for gait tuning, stabilization and sensory feedback
• Controls spasticity and or increased tone
Bariatric APU® Articulating Ankle/Foot Orthosis is indicated for use on recumbent and ambulatory bariatric patients for setting the ankle/foot complex in the sagittal plane +/-30°.
Contraindicated for use on unstable fractures of the foot and ankle or severe equino-varus or fixed contractures of the foot/ankle.
Not recommended for prolonged community ambulation.
|Accommodates bariatric patient||●|
|Allows for ambulation/transfer|
|Attachable sole for ambulation||●|
|Cleanable w/ disinfectant||●|
|Patient transfer aid||●|
|Variety of sizes/lengths|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Follow written wear and care and fitting instructions included with device in accordance with prescribing physician's orders.
Recommend wearing schedule:
• As requested by ordering physician
• In general to tolerance (determined by patient's ability to wear without causing pressure, swelling or irritation)
• With patients having compromised sensation, at risk for skin breakdown or disruption of soft tissue surface - check skin after 1 hour of wear - if no concerns increase wearing time by 2 hour increments not to exceed 6 hours of wear without removal for 30 minutes to 1 hour, then reapply.
Remove for bathing or cleaning.
Industry standard co-polymer plastic, T11 aluminum, polyester Kodel® lining and Velcro®. No PVC plastic (KYDEX®) or latex-based materials used.
1 year (90 days soft goods)
Foot length: 9(1/4)"-13(1/4)"
Calf height: 12(3/4)"-13(3/4)"
Calf circumference: 26"
Calf width: 8"
Foot plate width: 4(3/4)"
Weight limit: 300lb+
Standard heavy duty (3/16)" aluminum APU® heel suspension bar.
Anatomical Concepts is a team of practitioners, designers, and manufacturers utilizing advanced technology to develop products that deliver effective outcomes and present ease-of-use for the medical professional.