The Bariatric APU® Orthosis offers an adjustable posterior upright design that provides a more precise and simplified method of setting the ankle/foot complex in the saggital plane.
• Clinically proven for effective ambulation
• Infinite sagittal plane adjustability
• Also available for inclusion in custom-made thermoplastic AFO and KAFO systems.
• Compatible with all liner variations offered, if applicable
• Facilitates functional knee and ankle joint position through flexibility of aluminum posterior upright
• Allows for optimal dorsi/plantar flexion ankle positioning to provide adequate clearance during swing phase and knee stability in stance phase
• Early intervention for the evolving rehab patient
• Can be used with CVA, TBI, SCI, CP and diabetic neuropathy
• Promotes safe and stable ambulation
• Offloads vulnerable soft tissue
• Maintains foot and ankle position to offset joint contracture
• Used as an interim AFO for gait tuning, stabilization and sensory feedback
Bariatric APU® Articulating Ankle/Foot Orthosis is indicated for use on recumbent and ambulatory bariatric patients for setting the ankle/foot complex in the sagittal plane +/-30°.
Contraindicated for use on unstable fractures of the foot and ankle or severe equino-varus or fixed contractures of the foot/ankle.
Not recommended for prolonged community ambulation.
|Accommodates bariatric patient||●|
|Allows for ambulation/transfer|
|Cleanable w/ disinfectant||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable|
|Variety of sizes/lengths|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Follow written wear and care and fitting instructions included with device in accordance with prescribing physician's orders.
Recommend wearing schedule:
• As requested by ordering physician
• In general to tolerance (determined by patient's ability to wear without causing pressure, swelling or irritation)
• With patients having compromised sensation, at risk for skin breakdown or disruption of soft tissue surface - check skin after one hour of wear - if no concerns increase wearing time by two hour increments not to exceed six hours of wear without removal for 30 minutes to one hour, then reapply.
Remove for bathing or cleaning.
Industry standard co-polymer plastic, T11 aluminum, polyester Kodel® lining and Velcro®. No PVC plastic (KYDEX®) or latex-based materials used.
One year (90 days soft goods)
Foot length: 9(1/4)"-13(1/4)"
Calf height: 12(3/4)"-13(3/4)"
Calf circumference: 26"
Calf width: 8"
Foot plate width: 4(3/4)"
Weight limit: 300lb+
Standard heavy duty (3/16)" aluminum APU® heel suspension bar.
Anatomical Concepts is a team of practitioners, designers and manufacturers utilizing advanced technology to develop products that deliver effective outcomes and present ease-of-use for the medical professional.