CoFlex® AFD is an all-in-one foam pad dressing and cohesive bandage. An easy, cost-effective wound management solution.
• Promotes moist wound healing environment to help wound closure and healing
• Waterproof film layer over foam pad prevents leakage and contamination
• Non-adherent to wound bed to avoid trauma during dressing changes
• Provides controlled compression and will not constrict over time
• Expands to conform to wound cavity to manage exudate
• High absorption of exudate reduces risk of maceration
• All-in-one cohesive bandage minimizes dressing time
• Soft and comfortable base for patient comfort
• Sterile and not made with natural rubber latex
CoFlex® AFD is indicated for use in light to heavy exuding partial- and full-thickness wounds, including pressure ulcers and diabetic ulcers, first- and second-degree burns and donor sites. These dressings may also be used over debrided and partial-thickness wounds.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Compatible w/ topicals|
|Intact when saturated|
|Moisture vapor permeable|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
For general wound application, unroll CoFlex® AFD to expose foam pad. Place over wound and wrap. Hand-tear, then seal cohesive bandage to itself.
For venous leg ulcer application, unroll and place foam pad on treated, clean wound. Wrap once at desired tension. Hand-tear and seal bandage by pressing down and meshing together. With foot flexed to 90 degrees, continue application beginning with a circular winding of bandage at base of toes. Proceed up and around the ankle, covering the Achilles tendon. Wrap over the ankle and down to secure the heel. Proceed up the leg in a spiral fashion, each turn covering 50% of the previous turn. End just below the knee.
How often you change the dressing will depend on the stage of the wound. CoFlex® AFD can be left on wounds up to five days; however regular monitoring of any wound is necessary to determine proper treatment.
Milliken Healthcare Products is the manufacturer of an innovative portfolio of wound and burn care dressings which provide unique value through Active Fluid Management® (AFM®) technology.