DeRoyal Top Draw® Universal Thin Black Foam Negative Pressure Kit is designed to absorb moderate to heavy exudate associated with moderate-deep wounds and is customizable to any wound size.
DeRoyal Top Draw® Universal Thin Black Foam Negative Pressure Kit is to be used in conjunction with a NPWT pump to promote wound healing by removal of wound exudates, debris and infectious material. May be used during surgery or at the patient's bedside and is indicated for home use.
Contraindicated for use on necrotic tissue, unexplored or non-enteric fistulas, untreated osteomyelitis, wounds containing malignant tissue, exposed arteries, veins, internal organs or exposed anastomotic site.
Read and understand all warnings, cautions and directions completely and carefully before use. Failure to do so may result in serious injury.
Store in a room temperature, cool, dry place.
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
1. Read the WARNINGS and CAUTIONS thoroughly and complete the steps described prior to the procedure.
2. Inspect the packaging for damage or defects. Replace the entire kit if the packaging is damaged.
3. If desired, place a primary, non-adherent dressing on the wound bed. Do not overlap onto intact skin. Cleanse wound gently and carefully with saline until the wound is free of debris and dead tissue. Gently blot dry the wound edges, periwound margin and all skin to be covered by transparent dressing. Prepare wound according to facility protocol.
a. WARNING: Prior to dressing wound, check all undermining and/or tunnels for excess wound fillers (foam, gauze, etc.). Ensure all previous wound fillers are removed. Take proper care to ensure wound fillers do not rip or tear during removal.
b. For black foam dressing application, measure the wound and cut the foam to the appropriate size and shape. Gently place the foam dressing into the wound cavity. Fill the entire wound cavity but do not overlap on the intact skin. Do not cut the foam over the wound, as small fragments may fall into the wound bed. Do not force or push the foam dressing into the wound, as this may cause further injury to the wound.
c. For gauze or white foam dressing application, open the gauze and moisten with saline. Gently place the gauze in the wound bed. Fill the entire wound cavity but do not overlap on the intact skin. Do not force, push or over pack the gauze into the wound, as this may cause further injury to the wound.
4. Size and cut the DeRoyal Transeal® transparent dressing to cover the primary dressing, making sure the primary dressing is completely covered and the DeRoyal Transeal® overlaps on the intact skin by at least one inch on all edges of the wound. Proper DeRoyal Transeal® application is the key to fewer alarms and fewer loss of seal issues.
5. Gently press the top of the DeRoyal Transeal® to ensure adhesive adheres to the skin. Remove the carrier layer of the DeRoyal Transeal®.
6. Gently lift the DeRoyal Transeal® with your thumb and forefinger. Cut a 2cm-2.5cm hole in the DeRoyal Transeal® over the center of the wound using either scissors or scalpel.
7. Do not cut a slit, as a slit could collapse and block the suction when pressure is applied. Hold the tab and pull the paper to release the liner from the dome pad.
8. Place the center of the dome pad directly over the cut hole.
9. Ensure the seal is completely adhered to the skin.
10. Peel the clear backing liner off the connector. Peel off the tabs, and pat around the dome pad to recheck the seal is completely adhered to the skin.
11. Connect the dome pad tubing to the end of the connector tube attached to the canister. Every dome connector will have an adapter included.
12. Turn on the NPWT system, making sure that the pressure is set at the proper mmHg per doctor's order.
13. Once the NPWT is turned on, the primary dressing, dome pad and DeRoyal Transeal® will start to compress. A compressed look means the DeRoyal Transeal® is properly adhered to the skin and negative pressure is reaching the wound.
After use, discard the entire kit according to your facility's protocol. Change as directed by health care professional.
DeRoyal products are warranted for ninety (90) days from the date of shipment from DeRoyal as to product quality and workmanship. DeRoyal's written warranties are given in lieu of any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
No posters match your selected filters. Remove some filtres, or reset them and start again.