Mepilex® Heel is an absorbent, soft silicone foam dressing with the benefits of Mepilex® in a convenient shape for heel wounds.
• Conforms to heel to prevent exudate pooling, minimizing risk of maceration
• Promotes patient comfort during wear and minimizes pain upon removal
• Will not stick to wound bed but adheres gently to surrounding skin
• May be lifted and adjusted without losing its adhering properties
• Non-traumatic to the wound and surrounding skin on removal
• Convenient shape perfect for heel wounds
• May be used under compression bandages
• Can be cut to size
Mepilex® Heel is indicated for use on moderately to heavily exudating wounds such as foot ulcers, pressure injuries and traumatic wounds such as skin tears and secondary healing wounds.
In case of clinical signs of infection, the use of Mepilex® Heel may be continued if proper infection treatment is initiated. Mepilex® Heel should be stored in dry conditions below 95°F (35°C). Sterility is guaranteed unless inner package is damaged or opened prior to use. Do not re-sterilize.
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Cleanse the wound in accordance with normal procedures. Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly. Remove the release films and apply the adherent side to the wound. Do not stretch. For best results, Mepilex® Heel should overlap dry surrounding skin by at least 2cm. When necessary, fixate Mepilex® Heel with a bandage or other fixation. Tape or film can be used to seal the joints on the sides of the dressing after application.
Mepilex® Heel may be left in place for several days, depending on the condition of the wound and surrounding skin, or as indicated by accepted clinical practice. A change in dressing regimen can result in an initial increased level of exudate, which temporarily may require an increased change frequency.
No posters match your selected filters. Remove some filtres, or reset them and start again.