Microlyte® Matrixis a sterile, single-use absorbent polymeric matrix composed primarily of bioresorbable polyvinyl alcohol with a polymeric surface coating containing ionic and metallic silver.
• Absorbs wound fluid and transforms into a soft, bioresorbable material that intimately contours to the underlying wound bed
• Contains antimicrobial silver which kills bacteria in contact with the matrix
• Low residual toxicity compared to other antimicrobial matrices
Under the supervision of a health care professional, Microlyte® Matrix may be used for the management of:
• Partial- and full-thickness wounds including pressure injuries, venous stasis ulcers, diabetic ulcers, first- and second-degree burns, abrasions and lacerations, donor sites, and surgical wounds
• May be used over debrided and grafted partial-thickness wounds
Do not use on individuals who are sensitive to silver or who have had an allergic reaction to Microlyte® Matrix or one of its components.
• Warning: Frequent or prolonged use of this product may result in permanent discoloration of skin
• Warning: Avoid use with iodophore containing products that may reduce the effectiveness of silver in the dressing
• The wound should be inspected during cover dressing changes. Consult a health care professional if you see (a) signs of infection (increased pain, increased redness, wound drainage), (b) bleeding, (c) a change in wound color and/or odor, (d) irritation (increased redness and/or inflammation), (e) maceration (skin whitening), (f) hyper-granulation (excessive tissue formation), (g) sensitivity (allergic reaction), (h) no signs of healing
• Microlyte® Matrix should not be used with other wound care products other than those listed in the “Directions For Use” section without first consulting a health care professional
• This product contains <0.5 mg/in2 polyethylene glycol (400 Da)
Store at room temperature (15°C-30°C, 59°F-86°F). Keep dry. If further information is needed, please contact Imbed Biosciences, Inc.
Ionic and metallic silver
Polyvinyl alcohol (99%), proprietary polyvinyl electrolytes (<1%)
Clean the wound area using sterile saline solution. If the wound is dry, moisten it with sterile saline and remove excess saline with sterile gauze. Avoid contact with wet surfaces until placed on a moist wound bed. Cut Microlyte® Matrix to size slightly larger than the wound. Multiple sheets can be used to tile the entire wound area. Apply Microlyte® Matrix directly to wound bed. When placed on a moist wound bed, the dressing forms a soft conforming sheet. Microlyte® Matrix should be used with a secondary cover dressing. Cover with a moisture retentive dressing such as a film dressing, foam dressing, wet-to-dry gauze, or other appropriate dressing. See individual cover dressing package inserts for complete instructions for use. All dressing site areas should be inspected daily.
Reapply Microlyte® Matrix daily or up to every 3 days, depending on the wound and the healing progression, or when clinically indicated (eg, leakage, excessive bleeding, increased pain).
To reapply, carefully remove the secondary cover dressing. Gently irrigate wound with sterile saline to remove necrotic tissue. It is not necessary to remove any residual Microlyte® Matrix observed during secondary cover dressing changes.
Change the secondary cover dressing as needed or when Microlyte® Matrix is re-applied. Duration of treatment depends on wound type and healing conditions.
No posters match your selected filters. Remove some filtres, or reset them and start again.