PluroGel® Burn and Wound Dressing
PluroGel® Burn and Wound Dressing is 100% water soluble, bio-compatible, cell-friendly and non-ionic. Aids in creating a moist wound healing environment.
• First concentrated surfactant topical to soften, loosen and trap/remove necrotic tissue
• Promotes moist healing environment for superficial to deep, partial-thickness burns and partial- and full-thickness wounds
• Is ideal for pain sensitive patients as PluroGel® reduces pain (and improves compliance) of dressing changes
• Softens wound debris and allows it to easily rinse off at dressing change
• Unique micelle gel matrix maintains moisture in the wound and controls fluid loss
PluroGel® Burn and Wound Dressing is indicated for use on chronic vascular ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, draining wounds, partial- and full-thickness wounds, pressure ulcers, second-degree burns, surgical wounds, trauma wounds (abrasions, lacerations, skin tears) and tunneling/undermining wounds.
Contraindicated for use on third- and fourth-degree burns.
Store at room temperature.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Compatible w/ topicals|
|Conforms readily to wound|
|Limited shelf life|
|Moisture vapor permeable|
|Preserved multiple dose||●|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Unpreserved unit dose|
|Usable on infected wounds|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Apply directly onto secondary dressing using a sterile applicator (ex. foam for a shallow wound, packing strips for a deeper wound). Apply 3mm (slightly more than nickel) for minimal drainage, 5mm (2 nickels thick) for moderate drainage. Cover with absorbent dressing where applicable.
PluroGel® is 100% water soluble and can be easily irrigated from the wound at dressing change using normal dressing change protocols (saline, sterile water, wound cleansers, etc). Recommend changing PluroGel® daily for best results. PluroGel® can remain in wound for up to three days.
Medline Industries, Inc. offers innovative products and services for wound and skin care.