PluroGel® Burn and Wound Dressing
PluroGel® Burn and Wound Dressing is 100% water soluble, bio-compatible, cell-friendly and non-ionic. Aids in creating a moist wound healing environment.
• First concentrated surfactant topical to soften, loosen and trap/remove necrotic tissue
• Promotes moist healing environment for superficial to deep, partial-thickness burns and partial- and full-thickness wounds
• Is ideal for pain sensitive patients, as PluroGel® reduces pain (and improves compliance) of dressing changes
• Softens wound debris and allows it to easily rinse off at dressing change
• Unique micelle matrix allows PluroGel® to remain thick while in the wound bed for a prolonged period of time
• Shown to disrupt and inhibit biofilm (in vitro)
PluroGel® Burn and Wound Dressing is indicated for use on chronic vascular ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers, draining wounds, partial- and full-thickness wounds, pressure ulcers, second-degree burns, surgical wounds, trauma wounds (abrasions, lacerations, skin tears) and tunneling/undermining wounds.
Contraindicated for use on third- and fourth-degree burns.
Store at room temperature.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Compatible w/ topicals|
|Conforms readily to wound|
|Limited shelf life|
|Moisture vapor permeable|
|Preserved multiple dose||●|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Unpreserved unit dose|
|Usable on infected wounds|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Apply directly onto secondary dressing using a sterile applicator (ex. foam for a shallow wound, packing strips for a deeper wound). Apply 3mm (slightly more than nickel) for minimal drainage, 5mm (two nickels thick) for moderate drainage or changing dressing every three days. Cover with absorbent dressing where applicable.
PluroGel® is 100% water soluble and can be easily irrigated from the wound at dressing change using normal dressing change protocols (saline, sterile water, wound cleansers, etc). Recommend changing PluroGel® daily for best results. PluroGel® can remain in wound for up to three days.
Medline Industries, Inc. offers innovative products and services for wound and skin care.