Maria Goddard, MD, CWS, FAPWCA is a board-certified wound care specialist in the Midwest. She received training in general surgery at Wake Forest School of Medicine and completed fellowship training in burn surgery at both the University of Tennessee-Memphis and the University of Kansas Medical Center. She is board certified in wound care by both the American Board of Wound Management and the American Board of Wound Healing. She is an instructor for Advanced Burn Life Support and a member of the Global Health Committee of the American Burn Association. Dr Goddard also currently serves as the Chair of the Communications Committee and member of the Education Steering Committee of the Association for the Advancement of Wound Care. She has practiced in multiple care settings, including long-term care, and her extensive training, research, and clinical experiences provide a unique perspective of wound management. Her mission is to bridge the gaps that exist among care settings because of differences in regulations and resource availability. Her interests include burn care, geriatrics, global health, telemedicine, and reducing disparities in health care.
- Goddard MS: Burn Injuries: Diagnosis, Treatment & Triage. Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network. August 2021.
- Goddard MS: Impact of Virtual Education. Association for the Advancement of Wound Care. June 2021.
- Goddard MS: Burn Care 101: Determining the Best Treatment Plan. Symposium on Advanced Wound Care. May 2021. SAWC Spring 2021
- Goddard MS: Assessing the Accident Scene: Clinical Evaluation of the Lower Extremity. Association for the Advancement of Wound Care. AAWC Leg Ulcer and Compression Days. April 2021.
- Goddard MS: Burn Care for the Non-Burn Specialist. Kestrel Health. WoundSource. March 2021. WoundCon Spring 2021