AMERIGEL® Hydrogel Wound Dressing with Oakin® provides a moist wound environment. Advanced formula with a unique substrate sustains moisture longer than standard hydrogels.
• Provides a moist wound environment
• Sustains moisture longer than standard hydrogels
• Liquefies at body temperature for improved migration across all wound surfaces
• Ease of application and use increases patient compliance
• Non-cytotoxic to healthy tissue
AMERIGEL® Hydrogel Wound Dressing is indicated for use as a wound dressing to manage pressure ulcers stage 1-4, venous insufficiency ulcers, diabetic skin ulcers, skin irritation, cuts, abrasions and skin irritations associated with peristomal care.
Do not use if there is a known allergy or sensitivity to oak or any other ingredient.
For external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes. Do not use on children under two years of age without consulting a physician.
Store at room temperature.
Oak extract, meadowsweet extract, polyethylene glycol 400, polyethylene glycol 3350, zinc acetate
1. Barreiro KN, Moradi M, Merrill T, Losito J, Southerland C, Buckley B. Healing efficacy and participant outcomes of chemical matrixectomies using a hydrogel containing oakin. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2014 Nov;104(6):617-21. doi: 10.7547/8750-7315-104.6.617.
2. Graham GS. Healing outcomes of MRSA-infected wounds with a protocol combining Oakin dressing with elements of the de-escalation theory. J Wound Care. 2014 Feb;23(2):S4, S6-8, S10-1.
3. Moore J. Creating the ideal microcosm for rapid incorporation of bioengineered alternative tissues using an advanced hydrogel impregnated gauze dressing: a case series. The Foot & Ankle Journal. 2008;1(9). doi: 10.3827/faoj.2008.0109.0002.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Conforms readily to wound||●|
|Limited shelf life||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Preserved multiple dose||●|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Unpreserved unit dose|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Clean the affected area. Apply a thin layer of AMERIGEL® Hydrogel Wound Dressing to the wound area and to the skin immediately surrounding the wound. Cover the area with a sterile bandage or secondary dressing.
Change the dressing one to two times daily.
AMERX Health Care offers a comprehensive suite of wound care products including AMERIGEL® Advanced Wound and Skin Care topicals, HELIX3® Bioactive Collagen, AMERX® dressings, and the EXTREMIT-EASE® Compression Garment.