• Alginate formulation provides greater absorbency resulting in fewer dressing changes
• Thin profile allows for better conformability and reduces chance of roll-up
• Occlusive dressing maintains moist wound healing environment
• Reinforced integrity helps reduce dressing change frequency
• Convenient packaging opens easily for sterile presentation
• Thin profile reduces chance of melt-down into wound site
Kendall™ Alginate Hydrocolloid Dressings are indicated for use on venous insufficiency ulcers, pressure ulcers, arterial ulcers, diabetic ulcers, donor sites, lacerations, post-surgical incisions and other dry to lightly exudating wounds.
Contraindicated for use on wounds with depth into muscle, tendon or bone, infected wounds, heavily draining wounds or wounds with active vasculitis (e.g., Lupus, cryoglobulinemia or peri-arteritis nodosa).
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Conforms readily to wound||●|
|Gels on contact w/ exudate||●|
|Impermeable to outside contaminants||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Grasp tabs and pull apart. Cut or trim dressing to fit and conform to the wound location. Remove release paper. Adhesive side is applied to the skin. Apply Kendall™ Barrier Wipe prior to dressing application, to avoid periwound skin damage. Use your hand to press the dressing into any skin folds and to warm the dressing, thus activating the adhesive. Avoid moving the patient for 30 minutes to allow the adhesive to fully activate.
Cardinal Health is focused on improving the cost-effectiveness of health care through a suite of advanced solutions designed to improve supply chain efficiency, optimize business processes and performance, deliver value-oriented medical products and pharmaceuticals and connect clinicians and patients for streamlined care and better wellness.