Shapes by PolyMem® Sacral Dressing
Shapes by PolyMem® Sacral Dressing is a multifunctional, sacral wound-shaped semi-permeable adhesive-bordered dressing that includes super absorbent starch, moisturizer and safe built-in wound cleanser. Helps reduce wound pain and odor.
• Glycerin contained in the dressing reduces odor, conserves living fat cells, reduces hypergranulation, soothes traumatized tissues, and supports autolytic debridement
• Glycerin also keeps the dressing from adhering to the wound bed and provides comfort at the wound site
• Contains a mild, non-toxic wound-cleansing agent that is activated by moisture and gradually released into the wound bed
• Transparent film backing allows visual inspection of the membrane to determine the need for a dressing change
• Semi-permeable thin film backing provides a liquid barrier while allowing gas exchange
• Polyurethane membrane matrix wicks away up to ten times its weight in exudate
• Maintains an ideal moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR)
Shapes by PolyMem® Sacral Dressing is designed specifically for use in the sacral region. Use as a combined primary and secondary dressing or as a secondary dressing.
|Antimicrobial format available||●|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Ferris makes PolyMem® multifunctional interactive dressings and Sportswrap® by PolyMem. PolyMem dressings are designed to help all wound types heal quickly and durably. A family-owned company, since 1977, Ferris manufactures PolyMem at its headquarters in the USA and has never had a backorder.