MEDIHONEY® Calcium Alginate Dressing contains 100% active Leptospermum honey impregnated onto a calcium alginate pad. Supports removal of necrotic tissue and aids in wound healing. For wounds with moderate to heavy amounts of exudate or when light packing is needed. Non-traumatic removal.
• As wound fluid enters the dressing, the honey is released while the dressing forms a gel
• Maintains effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid, blood and tissue
• Easy to use with potential for extended wear times depending on exudate
• Promotes a moisture-balanced environment conducive to wound healing
• Can be used before, during and after negative pressure applications
• Can be used as a cover dressing for skin grafts or substitutes
• Helps stalled wounds progress toward healing
• Osmotic potential draws fluid through the wound to the surface, helping to liquefy non-viable tissue
• Low pH of 3.5-4.5 - maintaining more acidic pH levels within the wound environment can help to keep a wound on track towards healing
• Non-toxic, natural and safe
MEDIHONEY® Calcium Alginate Dressing is indicated for moderately to heavily exuding wounds such as: diabetic foot ulcers, leg ulcers (venous insufficiency ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed etiology), pressure ulcers (partial- and full-thickness), first- and second-degree partial-thickness burns, donor sites and traumatic or surgical wounds.
Contraindicated for use on individuals with an allergy to honey, on third-degree burns or to control heavy bleeding.
Some patients may notice slight transient stinging. If sting does not stop or cannot be managed with analgesic, remove dressing and cleanse area. An increase in exudate may occur due to the high osmolarity. Manage with an absorptive cover dressing.
Store at 50°F-77°F.
|Alginate dressing format||●|
|Amorphous hydrogel dressing format|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Integra LifeSciences, a world leader in medical technology, is dedicated to limiting uncertainty for surgeons so they can concentrate on providing the best patient care. Integra offers innovative solutions in orthopedic extremity surgery, neurosurgery and reconstructive and general surgery.