PolyMem® is a multifunctional interactive dressing designed to decrease persistent and procedural wound pain and odor while supporting brisk wound healing by continuously cleansing wounds, balancing moisture and helping focus inflammation.
• Built-in cleansing capabilities minimize the need for manual wound bed cleansing during dressing changes
• Built-in visual indication of when dressings need to be changed
• Contains glycerol to soothe traumatized tissues, reducing wound pain
• Up to seven days between changes
• Keeps the wound bed moist
• Highly absorbent
PolyMem® Non-Adhesive Dressings are indicated for the majority of wounds (e.g., full- and partial-thickness wounds, skin tears, ulcers, surgical wounds and first- and second-degree burns).
1. Beitz AJ, Newman A, Kahn AR, Ruggles T, Eikmeier L. A polymeric membrane dressing with antinociceptive properties: Analysis with a rodent model of stab wound secondary hyperalgesia. J Pain. 2004 Feb;5(1):38-47.
2. Davies SL, White RJ. Defining a holistic pain-relieving approach to wound care via a drug free polymeric membrane dressing. J Wound Care. 2011 May;20(5):250, 252, 254 passim.
3. Rafter L, Oforka E. Trauma-free fingertip dressing changes. Wounds UK. 2013; 9(1):96-100.
|Antimicrobial format available||●|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Diabetic Foot (Ulcers)
Clean wound per facility protocol. Place PolyMem® dressing on wound. If infection is present, treat appropriately.
Remove old dressing. NOTE: Do not disturb the wound bed. Place new PolyMem® dressing on the wound. If infection is present, treat appropriately.
Ferris makes PolyMem® multifunctional interactive dressings and Sportswrap® by PolyMem. PolyMem dressings are designed to help all wound types heal quickly and durably. A family-owned company, since 1977 Ferris has manufactured PolyMem at its headquarters in the USA and has never had a backorder.