Shapes by PolyMem® Oval Dressings
Shapes by PolyMem® Oval Dressings are wound-shaped, water-resistant multifunctional interactive dressings with a thin-film adhesive border. Designed to help decrease pain, odor and inflammation and protect wounds while promoting quick healing.
• Glycerin contained in the dressing reduces odor, conserves living fat cells, reduces hypergranulation, soothes traumatized tissues and supports autolytic debridement
• Glycerin also keeps the dressing from adhering to the wound bed and provides comfort at the wound site
• Contains a mild, non-toxic wound-cleansing agent that is activated by moisture and gradually released into the wound bed
• Transparent film backing allows visual inspection of the membrane to determine the need for a dressing change
• Semi-permeable thin film backing provides a liquid barrier while allowing gas exchange
• Polyurethane membrane matrix wicks away up to ten times its weight in exudate
• Maintains an ideal moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR)
Shapes by PolyMem® Oval Dressings are indicated for use on wounds on elbows, knees and other contoured areas of the body where the dressing needs to bend and conform. Use as a combined primary and secondary dressing or as a secondary dressing.
|Antimicrobial format available||●|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Ferris makes PolyMem® multifunctional interactive dressings and Sportswrap® by PolyMem. PolyMem dressings are designed to help all wound types heal quickly and durably. A family-owned company, since 1977 Ferris has manufactured PolyMem at its headquarters in the USA and has never had a backorder.