Silflex® is an atraumatic, hydrophobic soft silicone wound contact layer. Prevents secondary dressings from adhering to fragile skin and delicate wounds.
• Atraumatic, soft silicone wound contact layer designed to prevent secondary dressings adhering to fragile skin and delicate wound beds
• Pain-free removal, adheres to healthy tissue and not the secondary dressing
• Large open pores allow the passage of exudate
• Can be used in conjunction with topical negative pressure
• Highly conformable and can be cut to size
Silflex® Soft Silicone Wound Contact Layer is for use on skin tears, skin abrasions, surgical wounds, second-degree burns, lacerations, leg and pressure ulcers and for topical negative pressure (primary dressing).
Do not use if allergic to silicone.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Color change w/ moisture activation|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Conforms readily to wound||●|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Remove the clear liners on each side of the dressing and place directly over the wound. Silflex® may overlap the wound edges. Can be cut to size, ensuring sharp scissors are used. Cover with a secondary dressing of choice, which may be an absorbent pad or film dressing.
Dressing can remain in place for up to 14 days.
Advancis Medical is a UK-based medical device company building an international reputation for developing, manufacturing and marketing a range of advanced wound care products. medi® USA sells and distributes Advancis products in the United States.