Kerlix® AMD™ Antimicrobial Super Sponge is impregnated with polyhexamethylene biguanide (PHMB) to provide an antimicrobial barrier to prevent microbial penetration and microbial growth within the dressing. Product is gentle to normal skin flora.
• Prevents infections from growing and spreading in the dressing
• Minimizes infection exposure from strikethrough
• Reduces the risk of hospital-acquired infection
• Limits cross-contamination
• Effective against most organisms
• Maintains balance of native skin flora
Kerlix® AMD™ Antimicrobial Super Sponge is intended for OTC use. It is used as a primary dressing for exuding wounds, burns, as a cover for surgical wounds and to secure and prevent movement of primary dressings. Can also be used as a secondary dressing to eliminate growth within the gauze and protect against bacterial proliferation through the gauze.
Dakin's Solution cleanser may inactivate PHMB. This will impact dressing efficacy but should not be dangerous to patient health.
No change to clinical protocol - Use Kerlix™ AMD sponges as you would a standard super sponge.
No posters match your selected filters. Remove some filtres, or reset them and start again.