• Highly absorbent
• Single use
• Maintain a moist wound environment conducive to healing
Under the supervision of a health care professional MANUKAhd® Super Lite Pads Bundled with Transparent Dressings or Bandages may be used for acute and chronic wounds of all types, such as trauma wounds, pressure injuries, diabetic ulcers, leg ulcers, graft and donor sites, post-operative surgical wounds, and first- and second-degree burns. Comfort Release® Adhesive Transparent Dressings and bandages are designed to protect fragile and sensitive skin and minimize the risk of pain, skin tears, or skin irritation upon dressing removal.
Do not use on patients with known sensitivity to honey. Minor stinging may be experienced due to osmotic action and/or low pH of honey. This should be temporary however, if pain persists, discontinue use of the dressing and gently irrigate the wound with sterile saline solution.
The presence of clinical infection does not preclude the use of Comfort Release® provided that appropriate antimicrobial therapy is also provided. Should not be used on any patient with known adverse reactions to medical-grade acrylic adhesives, honey or rubbing alcohol (used for transparent dressing removal). Do not reuse dressings or bandages.
Occasional dermal hypersensitive reaction.
Store in a sealed pouch, in a cool and dry place at room temperature 59°F-86°F (15°C-30°C); avoid moisture and sunlight.
(Manuka) Honey from New Zealand
|Alginate dressing format|
|Amorphous hydrogel dressing format|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Transparent adhesive dressings are made especially for frail elderly, immunocompromised, or sensitive skin.
1. Clean the wound with sterile saline solution, and gently irrigate the wound.
2. Choose the right size of MANUKAhd® Super Lite Pad, cut to size if needed, remove protective liner, apply directly to the wound, honey side down, to completely cover the wound. Use the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing or Bandage to cover the entire MANUKAhd® Super Lite Pad.
3. Cover and secure the MANUKAhd® Super Lite Pads with Comfort Release® transparent dressing or bandage.
1. Depending on wound type, the product may require a daily application. Reapply as necessary. The Comfort Release® transparent dressing or bandage has the ability to be partially lifted to allow the wound bed to be viewed without having to replace the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing or bandage.
2. To LIFT and LOOK at the wound or the amount of exudate, the Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing should be partially removed by simply swiping the white border of half the transparent dressing with the alcohol pad(s). When the alcohol evaporates the transparent dressing can be reapplied to the skin.
3. To fully remove the MANUKAhd® Super Lite Pad, first swipe the entire white border of Comfort Release® Transparent Dressing with the alcohol prep pad(s) until the transparent lifts off the skin painlessly and trauma free.
Wound dressing pad with super-absorbent and cross-linked mesh fibers, impregnated with Manuka honey, pH of 3.0-4.5. Designed for ease of application and daily dressing changes for monitoring progress. Paired with Comfort Release® breathable, transparent dressings with easy release from skin painlessly and trauma-free (when removed as directed).
Comfort Release® by Global Biomedical Technologies is a new, smart-switchable adhesive technology that addresses the pain and risk of injury in bandage and dressing removal. Comfort Release® products are available for advanced wound care, acute care and everyday first aid.