MEDIHONEY® Hydrogel Sheet Dressing (Adhesive) contains 100% active Leptospermum honey in combination with a hydrogel sheet dressing. Supports the removal of necrotic tissue and aids in wound healing. For wounds with light amounts of exudate. Non-traumatic removal. Sterile.
• Maintains effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid, blood and tissue
• Dressing will form a gel as it warms up and contacts wound fluid
• Easy to use with potential for extended wear times depending on exudate
• Promotes a moisture-balanced environment conducive to wound healing
• Helps wounds that have stalled progress toward healing
• Osmotic potential draws fluid through the wound to the surface, helping to liquefy non-viable tissue
• Low pH of 3.5-4.5 - maintaining more acidic pH levels within the wound environment can help to keep a wound on track towards healing
• Non-toxic, natural and safe
• As the honey is released, the sheet absorbs wound fluid and converts it to a gel for easy non-traumatic removal
• Does not require a secondary dressing
MEDIHONEY® Hydrogel Sheet Dressing Adhesive is indicated for non-draining to lightly exuding wounds such as: diabetic foot ulcers, leg ulcers (venous insufficiency ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed etiology), pressure ulcers (partial- and full-thickness), first- and second-degree partial-thickness burns, donor sites and traumatic or surgical wounds.
Contraindicated for use on individuals with an allergy to honey, on third-degree burns or to control heavy bleeding.
Some patients may notice slight transient stinging. If sting does not stop or cannot be managed with analgesic, remove dressing and cleanse area. An increase in exudate may occur due to the high osmolarity. Manage with an absorptive cover dressing.
Store at 50°F-77°F.
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
No posters match your selected filters. Remove some filtres, or reset them and start again.