MolecuLight i:X® Fluorescence Imaging Device is a point-of-care handheld fluorescence imaging device for real-time digital wound measurement and for detection of elevated bacterial burden in wounds, along with CSS.
• Safe: non-invasive and non-contact device
• Does not require contrast agents
• Operates with a safe fluorescence light source
• Real-time results
• Touchscreen with intuitive interface
The MolecuLight i:X® Fluorescence Imaging Device is intended for use as a handheld imaging tool that allows clinicians diagnosing and treating skin wounds at the point of care to:
• View and digitally record images of a wound
• Measure and digitally record the size of a wound
• View and digitally record images of fluorescence emitted from a wound when exposed to an excitation light
The fluorescence image, when used in combination with clinical signs and symptoms, has been shown to increase the likelihood that clinicians can identify wounds containing bacterial loads of >104 CFU per gram as compared to examination of clinical signs and symptoms alone.
|Laboratory services included|
|Specimen kit and components included|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Dry Skin Conditions
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
The MolecuLight i:X® and DX™ point-of-care imaging devices for wound care enable detection of elevated bacterial loads (>104 CFU/g), in combination with CSS, along with accurate digital wound measurement. The devices enable proactive wound care, informing clinician decision making on the presence of elevated bacterial burden. US reimbursement pathway is enabled with 2 CPT® codes & APC in HOPD setting.