PolyMem® Silicone Border dressings combine the patented polymeric membrane formulation of standard PolyMem® dressings with a gentle silicone adhesive border for fragile, sensitive skin. Also available in antimicrobial silver versions.
• Protects periwound tissue
• Silicone adhesive does not come in contact with the wound
• Designed to minimize trauma by not sticking to the wound
• Allows for removal and repositioning if needed
• Minimizes the risk of edges rolling, thanks to a rounded border and thin edges
• Effectively cleanses, fills, absorbs and moistens wounds throughout the healing continuum
• Helps control inflammation, reduce pain and increase healing
• Also available in antimicrobial silver configurations
PolyMem® Silicone Border is indicated for the majority of wounds (e.g., full- and partial-thickness wounds, skin tears, ulcers, surgical wounds, and first- and second-degree burns).
|Antimicrobial format available||●|
|Compatible w/ topicals|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Deep Tissue Pressure Injuries
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Clean wound per facility protocol. Place PolyMem® Silicone Border dressing on wound. If infection is present, treat appropriately.
Change when exudate reaches wound margin. Dressing can remain in place for up to seven days. Remove old dressing. NOTE: Do not disturb the wound bed. Place new PolyMem® Silicone Border dressing on the wound. If infection is present, treat appropriately.
Ferris makes PolyMem® multifunctional, interactive dressings and Sportswrap® by PolyMem. PolyMem dressings are designed to help all wound types heal quickly and durably. A family-owned company, since 1977 Ferris has manufactured PolyMem® at its headquarters in the USA and has never had a backorder.