Soft K-Cot® brush-curette is designed to be both minimally invasive and clinically effective for wound cleaning, debridement, and tissue sampling. Nitrile finger cot pad is made of Kylon®, a patented medical fabric which dislodges and collects wound debris efficiently and effectively.
• Fabric disk on finger cot tip is designed for flat or curved wounds that are visible on the body surface
• Ergonomic and minimally invasive design facilitates user tactile control for targeting and guiding the brushing, sweeping, and rotational movements
• Kylon® medical fabric hooks gently, yet substantially excavates the wound surface, dislodging debris and necrotic tissue, which can be easily wiped off the wound surface with gauze
• Designed for compassionate patient experience and compliance ranging from non-selective wound hygienic cleaning to more extensive selective debridement
• Promotes the efficiency of a wound hygiene or debriding procedure
• Abundant tissue samples can be collected, stored and transported for laboratory analysis
The Soft K-Cot® is indicated for patients with small to moderate sized (no larger than 6cmx6cm), non-fibrotic surfaces of wounds requiring debridement in order to remove non-viable tissue and debris. Debridement may stimulate blood flow to encourage tissue regrowth. It is also indicated for scraping or debriding and then transporting tissue requiring histological analyses for further laboratory evaluation regarding infection or other pathology.
The Soft K-Cot® is indicated for patients with small to moderate sized (no larger than 6cmx6cm), non-fibrotic surfaces of wounds requiring wound hygiene or debridement in order to remove non-viable tissue and debris. A gentle wiping method provides hygienic removal of slough, while a pressurized twisting motion will provide curettage. Debridement may stimulate blood flow to encourage tissue regrowth. It is also indicated for scraping a suspect wound area such as a previously debrided wound base, and then transporting tissue requiring histological analyses for further laboratory evaluation regarding infection or other pathology.
Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician or other licensed practitioner.
Soft K-Cot is not intended to be used:
• Inside tubular shaped wound channels where visualization of the pad surface is obscured.
• Eschar, gross necrotic tissue, or dry crusted wound areas where compromise of the fabric is possible.
• Non-visually apparent areas of undermined or tunneling wounds.
Never use a metal instrument or gauze to clear tissue out of the Kylon® fabric on the Soft K-Rette®, as this may fracture or damage the integrity of the hooks. A single liquid immersed cleaning of the pad is advised to avoid particulates becoming airborne; users should still use eye protection with any debridement to avoid contact with the eyes.
During any debridement or tissue sampling procedure, including with Soft K-Cot®, bleeding may occur, and is more likely with deep debridement. In some cases, mild bleeding is pursued to sufficiently clean a wound or prepare it for a graft. Akin to metal curettage, bleeding from debridement is usually self-limiting buy may require the user to apply light pressure to resolve.
Consult manufacturer on special storage requirements outside of normal room temperatures.
Graft Bed Preparation
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
See manufacturer's website for detailed instructions for use.
No posters match your selected filters. Remove some filtres, or reset them and start again.