Soft K-Cot™ brush-curette is designed to be both minimally invasive and clinically effective for wound debridement and tissue sampling. Nitrile finger cot tip is made of Kylon®, a patented medical fabric which dislodges and collects wound debris efficiently and effectively.
• Fabric disk on finger cot tip is designed for flat or curved wounds that are visible on the body surface
• Ergonomic and minimally invasive design facilitates user tactile control for targeting and guiding the brushing, sweeping and rotational movements
• Kylon® medical fabric hooks gently, yet substantially excavates the wound surface, dislodging debris and necrotic tissue, which can be easily wiped off the wound surface with gauze
• Designed for compassionate patient experience and compliance
• Promotes the efficiency of a debriding procedure
• Abundant tissue samples can be collected, stored and transported for laboratory analysis
Soft K-Cot™ is for use in light mechanical or sharp conservative debridement of an external skin wound of dimensions no larger than 9cmx9cm. Superficial or deep debridement may be necessary. Soft K-Cot™ is for use where debridement or biopsy of visually apparent surface wounds is indicated.
Soft K-Cot™ is contraindicated for use with patients with known bleeding disorders or those on anticoagulant therapy, patients with an acute wound infection or condition that is not amenable to debridement, or patients with a known allergy to nylon or acrylic plastic.
Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician or other licensed practitioner.
Consult manufacturer on special storage requirements outside of normal room temperatures.
|Customized to order|
|Variety of sizes|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Graft Bed Preparation
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
See manufacturer's website for detailed instructions for use.
Histologics LLC's primary objective is to advance a compassionate approach to debridement and wound sampling with devices using Kylon®, a medical fabric enabling simultaneous debridement and specimen capture.