The Soft K-Rette® utilizes the proprietary Kylon® fabric on a brush-curette designed to fit in crevices and between and under toes to be both minimally invasive and clinically effective for wound hygiene, debridement, and tissue sampling. Can also collect tissue for biopsy testing (anatomic pathology, microbiology, or molecular testing).
• Ergonomic and minimally invasive design facilitates user tactile control for targeting and guiding the brushing, sweeping, and rotational movements
• Kylon® medical fabric hooks gently, yet substantially excavates the wound surface, dislodging debris and necrotic tissue, which can be easily wiped off the wound surface with gauze
• Designed for compassionate patient experience and compliance
• Promotes the efficiency of a debriding procedure
• Abundant tissue samples can be collected, stored, and transported for laboratory analysis
The Soft K-Rette® is indicated for patients with small to moderate sized (no larger than 3cmx3cm), nonfibrotic surfaces of wounds requiring debridement in order to remove non-viable tissue and debris. The design is ideal for crevices, especially inter-digit (toes) spaces, not deep tunnels, where visualization of the tip is evident, Any debridement may stimulate blood flow to encourage tissue regrowth and the hook design lends a "micro-punctate" approach. It is also indicated for scraping or debriding and then transporting tissue requiring histological analyses for further laboratory evaluation regarding infection or other pathology.
See package insert for instructions and ability to clean the device during use one time.
Soft K-Rette® is contraindicated for use with patients with known bleeding disorders or those on anticoagulant therapy, patients with an acute wound infection or condition that is not amenable to debridement, patients with a known allergy to nylon or acrylic plastic, or patients who are pregnant or suspected to be pregnant when a wound biopsy would not be indicated.
Soft K-Rette® is not designed or intended to debride:
• Inside tubular shaped wound channels where visualization of the pad surface is obscured.
• Eschar, gross necrotic tissue, or dry crusted wound areas where compromise of the plastic is possible.
• Non-visually apparent areas of undermined or tunneling wounds.
Never use a metal instrument to clear tissue out of the Kylon® fabric on the Soft K-Rette®, as this may fracture or damage the integrity of the hooks.
A single liquid immersed cleaning of the pad is advised to avoid particulates becoming airborne; users should still use eye protection with any debridement to avoid contact with the eyes.
During any debridement or tissue sampling procedure, including with Soft K-Cot®, bleeding may occur, and is more likely with deep debridement. In some cases, mild bleeding is pursued to sufficiently clean a wound or prepare it for a graft. Akin to metal curettage, bleeding from debridement is usually self-limiting buy may require the user to apply light pressure to resolve.
If wound debridement or sampling is needed for complete diagnostic work-up of a non-tunneling wound, use a suitable instrument such as the Soft K-Cot®.
Eye protection during any debridement or device-handling procedure is advised.
Consult manufacturer on special storage requirements outside of normal room temperatures.
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
See manufacturer's Instructions for Use on its website for detailed instructions for use.
No posters match your selected filters. Remove some filtres, or reset them and start again.