Algidex Ag® Foam wound dressing features a combination of ionic silver, alginate and maltodextrin that provides immediate and sustained antimicrobial activity.
• Provides quick and sustained (up to seven days) antimicrobial activity against a broad spectrum of wound pathogens including methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and E. coli
• Silver is completely and evenly distributed in the ionic state
• Does not require the use of sterile water to activate antimicrobial action
• Inhibits bacterial cell division which eliminates the development of resistance
• Designed to create the optimal moist environment vital to promote wound healing
• Effective exudate management, helping reduce the risk of periwound maceration
• Available with integrated foam backing for increased absorption and comfort
• Easy application and atraumatic removal
• Non-staining, non-irritating and not made with natural rubber latex
Algidex Ag® Foam is indicated for the management of wet, moist or dry wounds including: venous ulcers, pressure ulcers (stages 1-4), dermal lesions (or secreting skin injuries), second-degree burns or donor sites.
Algidex Ag® Foam should not be used for the treatment of the following: third-degree burns, ulcers resulting from infections, lesions associated with active vasculitis or patients with known sensitivity to alginates.
When visible signs of infection are present in the wound, Algidex Ag® Foam may only be used when proper systemic medical treatment addresses the cause of the infection.
Algidex Ag® Foam should be removed and the wound thoroughly cleaned prior to hyperbaric oxygenation or any other therapy where the presence of metals is contraindicated.
Algidex Ag® Foam silver alginate wound dressings are for external use and they may not be surgically implanted.
Discontinue use if signs of sensitivity appear.
|Absorptive dressing format|
|Alginate dressing format|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 48 hours|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days||●|
|Collagen dressing format|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format|
|Foam dressing format||●|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Gelling fiber dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impermeable to outside contaminants|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Super absorbent polymers|
|Sustained release formula||●|
|Transparent film dressing format|
|Wound filler dressing format|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Thoroughly cleanse wound with normal saline.
Apply Algidex Ag® Foam with silver matrix touching the wound.
Secure dressing in place with retention dressing such as gauze, transparent film or tape.
Remove retention dressing, if applicable.
Gently lift Algidex Ag® Foam from the wound. If dressing adheres to wound, gently irrigate with saline to help loosen dressing.
Discard according to institutional policy.
Once dressing is removed, thoroughly cleanse wound with normal saline to remove any residue or debris from the wound.
Algidex Ag® Foam is antimicrobial for up to seven days and may be worn until secondary dressing requires changing.
DeRoyal is a U.S. based international manufacturer producing surgical supply delivery programs, surgical accessories, orthopedic supports, critical care products, negative pressure wound therapy and wound care products.