MEDIHONEY® HCS (Hydrogel Colloidal Sheet) Dressing (Non-Adhesive)
MEDIHONEY® HCS (Hydrogel Colloidal Sheet) Dressing (Non-Adhesive) contains 100% active Leptospermum honey with gelling agents in a colloidal sheet. Supports the removal of necrotic tissue and aids in wound healing. For wounds with light to moderate amounts of exudate. Non-traumatic removal. Sterile.
• Maintains effectiveness even in the presence of wound fluid, blood and tissue
• Dressing will form a gel as it warms up and contacts wound fluid
• Easy to use with potential for extended wear times depending on exudate
• Promotes a moisture-balanced environment conducive to wound healing
• Helps wounds that have stalled progress toward healing
• High osmolarity promotes autolytic debridement
• Helps lower overall wound pH to aid wound healing
• Non-toxic, natural, and safe
MEDIHONEY® HCS Non-Adhesive is indicated for light to moderately exuding wounds such as: diabetic foot ulcers, leg ulcers (venous insufficiency ulcers, arterial ulcers and leg ulcers of mixed etiology), pressure ulcers (partial- and full-thickness), first- and second-degree partial-thickness burns, donor sites, and traumatic or surgical wounds.
Contraindicated for use on individuals with an allergy to honey or on third-degree burns.
Some patients may notice slight transient stinging. If sting does not stop or cannot be managed with analgesic, remove dressing and cleanse area. An increase in exudate may occur due to the high osmolarity. Manage with an absorptive cover dressing.
|Alginate dressing format|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Foam dressing format|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Intact when saturated|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Non/Minimally Exudating Wounds
Integra LifeSciences, a worldwide leader in regenerative medicine, is dedicated to improving the quality of life for patients through the development of cost-effective solutions used to treat millions of patients every year. With over two decades of clinical efficacy and a reputation for delivering quality, Integra's advanced wound care products are a premiere solution for clinicians.