Optifoam® Gentle Ag+ Superabsorbent Post-Op
Optifoam® Gentle Ag+ Superabsorbent Post-Op is an antimicrobial silicone bordered and faced post-operative foam dressing with superabsorbent core and flexible design.
• Powerful antimicrobial protection from a gentle foam dressing
• Eliminates 99.99% of bacteria within two hours and remains effective for up to seven days
• The ionic silver provides an effective barrier for managing repeated bacterial introduction
• Acts as both a primary and secondary dressing
• Uses a thin and conformable border that is waterproof, flexible and breathable for increased patient comfort
• Silicone adhesive is designed to be gentle
• Wear time of up to seven days helps reduce the need for disruptive and unnecessary dressing changes
Optifoam® Gentle Ag+ Superabsorbent Post-Op is for use on post-operative wounds.
Contraindicated for use on third-degree burns.
|Absorptive dressing format|
|Alginate dressing format|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 48 hours|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days||●|
|Collagen dressing format|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format|
|Foam dressing format||●|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Gelling fiber dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impermeable to outside contaminants||●|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Super absorbent polymers||●|
|Sustained release formula||●|
|Transparent film dressing format|
|Wound filler dressing format|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Optifoam® Gentle Ag+ Superabsorbent Post-Op may be left in place for up to seven days. Dressing change frequency will depend on amount of drainage.
Medline Industries, Inc. offers innovative products and services for wound and skin care.