• Super absorbent polymer core absorbs high volumes of exudate
• Continually adapts the level of absorption based on the amount of drainage
• Provides an optimal moist wound environment
• Protects periwound skin from maceration
• Non-adherent wound contact layer provides for atraumatic dressing changes
• Locks in exudate even under compression
OptiLock® may be used as a primary dressing on partial-thickness and full-thickness wounds, such as: pressure, venous or neuropathic ulcers; post-operative wounds; superficial or partial-thickness burns (first- or second-degree); lacerations; abrasions. OptiLock® can also be used as a secondary dressing on full-thickness wounds.
Contraindicated for use on third-degree (full-thickness) burns, non- or minimally exudating wounds, or on patients with a known sensitivity to the product or its components.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Compatible w/ topicals||●|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
After removing OptiLock™ from the package, use a large enough dressing to cover the wound and surrounding skin, placing the white side on the wound.
Secure the dressing with tape or other secondary dressing such as an elastic net or compression bandage.
The dressing can be left in place up to 7 days or until exudate is visible and nears the edge of the dressing.
Medline Industries, Inc. offers innovative products and services for wound and skin care.