• Minimizes pain to the patient and trauma to the wound at dressing change
• Rapid and sustained antibacterial action
• Absorbs, retains, and transpires exudate to provide enhanced fluid management
• Provides a moist wound environment for the promotion of faster closure
• Stays in place for up to 7 days
• A unique 2-in-1 solution for exuding chronic wounds
ALLEVYN* Ag Gentle Border dressings may be used for: arterial, pressure and diabetic ulcers; superficial (first-degree) and partial-thickness (second-degree) burns; donor sites, and debrided wounds.
ALLEVYN* Ag Gentle Border is suitable for use on fragile skin, and can also be used in conjunction with a hydrogel dressing for necrotic or sloughy wounds.
Not compatible with oxidizing agents, hydrogen peroxide or oil-based products such as petrolatum.
May be used on infected wounds under the care of a health care professional, but is not intended to provide treatment for infected wounds.
Not suitable for use alone on cavity wounds but may be used over cavity wounds as a secondary dressing. May not be compatible with topical antimicrobials.
If reddening or sensitization occurs, discontinue use and consult a health care professional.
Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements (eg, EEG and ECG). When ALLEVYN* Ag Gentle Border is used on a patient during an MRI examination, some warming may be experienced.
As with all products containing silver sulfadiazine, the following precautions should be noted, especially when covering a large surface area with the dressing.
1. Use caution in patients with significant hepatic or renal impairment,
2. Use caution in individuals known to have glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency,
3. Effects of systemically administered drugs may be altered. This can especially apply to oral hypoglycemic agents and to phenytoin. In the case of these drugs, it is recommended that blood levels should be monitored as their effect can be potentiated.
|Absorptive dressing format|
|Alginate dressing format|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 48 hours|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 3 days|
|Antimicrobial effects up to 7 days||●|
|Collagen dressing format|
|Composite dressing format|
|Contact layer dressing format|
|Foam dressing format||●|
|Gauze or non-woven dressing format|
|Gelling fiber dressing format|
|Hydrogel (amorphous) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (impregnated) dressing format|
|Hydrogel (sheet) dressing format|
|Impermeable to outside contaminants|
|Impregnated dressing format|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required|
|Super absorbent polymers|
|Sustained release formula|
|Transparent film dressing format|
|Wound filler dressing format|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exuding Wounds
Partial- and Full-Thickness Wounds
Where required, cleanse the wound in accordance with normal procedures. Select the appropriate dressing size. Prepare the skin surrounding the wound by removing excess moisture. Any excess hair should be clipped to ensure close approximation to the wound. Start to remove the protector material from ALLEVYN* Ag Gentle Border and anchor the dressing. Smooth the dressing over the wound, removing the remaining protector material and ensure that the dressing is adhered all around the wound.
ALLEVYN* Ag Gentle Border can be cut, especially to dress heels, elbows, and other awkward areas. Always use aseptic technique when cutting the dressing.
For over 150 years, Smith+Nephew has taken a pioneering approach to product design and services, helping to reduce the human and economic costs of wounds.
*Trademark of Smith+Nephew