Collatek® Collagen Gel is 100% non-hydrolyzed type 1 bovine native collagen. Proprietary Kollagen™ technology process protects and retains significantly more native triple helical protein structure, thus allowing superior stability of the molecule and scaffolding through all four phases of wound healing.
• Easy application and product compatibility with topical agents and or dressings
• Protects the wound bed from dehydration
• Provides a moist wound healing environment
• Can be used to fill cavity wounds
• Hypoallergenic and non-toxic
• Easy to use
• Cost effective
• Available over the counter
Collatek® Collagen Gel is for use and management of burns, scrapes, blisters, sores, ulcers, acute and chronic wounds, superficial, partial- and full-thickness wounds, infected and non-infected wounds, and minimal exudating wounds.
Do not use on patients with known bovine sensitivities or third-degree burns.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Compatible w/ topicals|
|Conforms readily to wound|
|Gels on contact w/ exudate|
|Limited shelf life|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Usable on infected wounds|
|Variety of sizes|
|Educational Material Available||●|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available||●|
Acute and Chronic Wounds
Infected and Non-infected Wounds
Minimal to Moderate Exudating Wounds
Superficial, Partial and Full-thickness Wounds
Assess, debride and clean the wound according to the appropriate protocols. Treat with medication, if indicated. Apply the Collatek® Collagen Gel in a (1/4)" thick layer over the entire wound. For tunneling, undermined or cavity wounds, a gauze or calcium alginate dressing may be used as packing material in combination with Collatek® Collagen Gel.
• Collatek® Collagen Gel may be administered directly into the wound. A packing material can be then used as required.
• Collatek® Collagen Gel may be applied to packing material before application to the wound.
Cover with a secondary dressing; i.e., non-adherent, hydrocolloid (only if wound is free from infection), hydrogel pad or semi-permeable dressing.
Change dressing daily.
Human BioSciences (HBS) is a manufacturer of collagen wound care dressings in multiple sheet sizes and in powder form.