Kendall™ Calcium Alginate Dressings interact with sodium present in wounds. The ion exchange creates a gel that provides the optimal moist environment for wound healing.
• Encourages vertical wicking which pulls exudates straight through the dressing, allowing more efficient exudate removal
• Donates calcium to and removes sodium from wound helping to regulate the wound bed
• Absorbs 20 times its weight in exudate, allowing for fewer dressing changes
• Minimal shrinkage helps prevent maceration of periwound
• Helps jump-start the epithelialization process
• Fast, easy, painless removal reduces tissue trauma
• High calcium levels speed homeostasis
Kendall™ Calcium Alginate Dressings may be used for: arterial, diabetic, pressure and venous insufficiency ulcers; donor sites; abrasions, lacerations and skin tears; partial-thickness (second-degree) burns; deep and tunneling wounds.
Contraindicated for use on wounds with dry eschar or minimal exudate.
|Antimicrobial format available|
|Conforms readily to wound||●|
|Intact when saturated||●|
|Moisture vapor permeable||●|
|Secondary dressing required||●|
|Usable on infected wounds||●|
|Variety of sizes||●|
|Educational Material Available|
|Free Samples/Trials Available||●|
|Published Clinical Article Available|
Moderate/Highly Exudating Wounds
Using forceps or sterile gloves, apply Kendall™ Calcium Alginate Dressings to the wound bed area as a primary dressing. This dressing can also be used to pack a wound.
Cardinal Health is focused on improving the cost-effectiveness of health care through a suite of advanced solutions designed to improve supply chain efficiency, optimize business processes and performance, deliver value-oriented medical products and pharmaceuticals and connect clinicians and patients for streamlined care and better wellness.